Thursday, June 28, 2012

Farewell to an amazing job!

So, tomorrow is my last day at my job.  Yesterday we had a program celebration day, celebrating 10+ years of phenomenal work (it was also the last day that I will see my youth staff *sad face). But in keeping with the celebration idea... I wanted to take a moment and acknowledge what an incredible job I have had the privilege of having these past three years!

I have had the opportunity to work with some absolutely exceptional people! Each one has taught me so, so, so, so much! Either about the work that we do, life skills, business skills, and just really how be a good person. I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to know all of them as each one has made a lasting impact on my life!

This job has also allowed me to say something that not everybody can say... through this job, I KNOW I have made a difference! Whether in the youth that I have worked directly with, the youth that my youth work with, or through advocacy efforts, I can say without hesitation that I have had the opportunity to make a difference! How freakin' awesome is that?!?

I could go on for days and days about how much this job means to me. It has taught me business skills (note taking? coordinating events across the state? webinars? conference calls? yeah, it's been a lot!), it's taught me what REAL Youth Empowerment is (which was not really taught in any education class I took - not like it needs to be), it's let me grow into a young professional, and let's face it... it's fun. I have had a really FUN job! (Jealous right now aren't you? :D)

I just want to say THANK YOU to everybody I have had the pleasure to work with these past few years and for everything you have done to improve the lives of youth across this state!!

For me, my next steps will be to enjoy the month of July while we are still in Wilmington. Then, The Scientist and I will be moving!!!

Stay tuned to find out where! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment