Saturday, June 30, 2012

I need to buy a fiddle....

..because we are moving to TEXAS!  That's right - TEXAS.  In fact, one month from today the moving company is coming! AHH - it is sneaking up so so fast!!


"Texas? Why Texas" you ask? Well, this fall, Paul will become a Baylor Bear and will start his work towards his Ph.D. in Chemistry!! (I'm so freakin proud I don't know what to do :D)   For those who don't know, Baylor University is located Waco, TX..... yes, THAT Waco.  Baylor is know for some amazing things - academically, athletically.... Waco is known for one thing - and that is not for Baylor University (actually, Dr Pepper was invented in Waco and yes, there is a museum)!  But, Waco is actually only 1 to 1.5 hours from both Dallas and Austin! Live music anybody? :)


Here are some facts that I have found about Texas:

  • "More wool comes from Texas than any other state in the U.S." - Ironic since I don't see a need to even pack any of my wool clothing to take with me
  • "Texas boasts the nation's largest herd of white tail deer" -My poor poor car.... don't worry mom, I will mail you the meat ;)
  • "The first suspension bridge in the United States was the Waco Bridge. Built in 1870 and still in use today as a pedestrian crossing of the Brazos River." - very cool actually
  • "The armadillo is the official state mammal."  - From what I hear, it tastes delicious!
  • "More species of bats live in Texas than in any other part of the United States." - ... do I even need to comment on this?
  • Texas gets more tornados than any other state...

But after all - their state tree is the Pecan Tree and their state dance is Square Dance.... I think I can get along just fine :)

This move was my biggest motivations in starting a blog. I really wanted a better way for friends and family to keep up with how we are doing and what is going on with us in..Texas.  The next month is going to be slammed with trying to pack up and figure out all the details of a move like this and on top of that, we are busy every weekend up until we move! We have a busy, busy month! Be sure to stay tuned! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment